Securities and Investment Fraud
When it comes to investing your hard-earned money, there are more than a few people willing to take your cash. Finding good advisors, people who will steer you in the right direction, is not an easy task. And, nothing is more disarming to discover than your broker, agent or investment advisor has committed investment fraud. Mark Alexander has a proven track record of recovering assets from fraudulent advisors, as well as defending those unjustly accused by the government of fraud.
Types of Securities and Investment Fraud
With so many different types of investments, each investment fraud case involves a unique twist of facts and law. The Texas Securities Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) regulate your investments. Unfortunately, fraudulent investment practices still manage to steal innocent investors’ money. Securities fraud and investment fraud claims include:
- Investment fraud and misrepresentation, including Ponzi Schemes, stockbroker fraud and theft
- Illegal sale/purchase of securities, including crypto currency and unregistered securities
- Investment advisor’s breach of fiduciary duty or over concentration of assets
- Securities brokers giving unsuitable investment advice and failure to supervise (claims against individual and company)
- Churning (trading for the purpose of generating commissions)
- Unauthorized trading or securities exchange practices, including crypto currency exchanges
Working to Recover Clients’ Assets
Mark brings 20 years’ experience handling investor fraud cases. While the financial instruments have changed, recovering clients’ money is still at the heart of Mark’s practice. A few of our happy client stories include:
- Victory for a security firm.Successfully represented a securities company against a former employee for his breach of fiduciary duty.
- $500,000.00 by an Agreed Judgment. After only a few months of the litigation process, defendants agreed to pay our client $500,000 in a securities scam case.
If you have lost money through investments, contact Attorney Mark Alexander to optimize your recovery at 972-544-6968.